Details: We just graduated from college (2005) and treated ourselves to a vacation. It has been a while since we were both in Guanajuato (2003) and it was due time to spend some quality time with Kevin’s side of the family. One of Kevin’s Uncles (he has 6) suggested we do the touristy stuff around town. One of the items on the list was to visit San Gabriel de Barrera, a gorgeous garden. So after breakfast in a cafe in the main Centro, we hailed a taxi to the garden. It was nice quiet morning with just the two of us. It was a strong contrast from the rest of our vacation, since we were constantly surrounded by Kevin’s family.
San Gabriel is an Ex-Hacienda has 17 different themed gardens. We explored each garden and took pictures of the sweeping flora and fauna, reflection pools and pavilions. It was the perfect place for Kevin to ask me. I remember his eyes rolling a bit and his body started to sway before he asked. Someone was a bit nervous!
1. Kevin wanted to ask me at this spot, but decided against it. We had to quickly leave after this photo was taken due to the large amount of spiders!
2. Chillin, chillin
3. Just after. Yes, you can puke now.
4. This picture was taken immediately after (my eyes were pretty puffing from the tears). Luckily he didn’t pass out…
5. In one of the stone terraces this was found. It says, “Oasis of peace and rest, where my body is refreshed and my soul takes pleasure”. It was a very calming and relaxing garden. There weren’t many visitors, so Kevin and I were just enjoying our private moment and exploring the lush scenery.
6. After our private moment, we headed over to Casa de Espiritus Alegres to tell Kevin’s aunt. This is the Indian inspired outdoor bar.
This page has the following sub pages.