Toms Shoes give me the chills. The good kind. This company was created in 2006 and is based on the prem ise that every child should have a pair of shoes. So for every pair you buy, Toms will donate a pair. Well for starters, I am already digging their driving force. In addition to their feel-good moto, their selection includes canvas, vegan and a special occasion line-up. Slip your toes into one of these glittery babies and get ready to dance the night away. Or pick out a blue pair to cross off the “something blue” on your list.
(Photo: Ryan Gladstone Photo)
Read Full Post »
Food is one of the most important aspects in an event. Typically, your guests will choose with their eyes, rather than their stomach. Having the food presented in an artful display takes the food to the next step. A cake stand can be used for other things, not just a cake. Group muffins or layer scones for your next brunch. Add some candlelight romance to a dinner with a set of candles in various sizes to your dinner table. Let your creative side take over. Here are a few cake stands to help bring your table and food to new heights.
1) Full Metal Jacket: Aluminum cake stands make a bold and stylish statement. (Sur la Table; $20-$40)
2) Bright White: Earthenware is a no-fuss material that is casual enough for everyday use, but rises to the occasion for any celebration. (JCPenney; $24)
3) Good as Gold: Dress up your table in this shabby chic cake stand. Don’t let the delicate detailing fool you, it is durable to handle any occasion. (Amazon; $25)
4) Bead Delighted: The scalloped edging and beaded features creates a stylish setting for next brunch. (Pottery Barn; $38)
5) Take a Bow: The three tiers are laced with a gorgeous grosgrain ribbon. Your food will look like a present ready to be opened. (Layla Grayce; $150)
6) Naturally Green: Removable tiers add versatility to this set of cake plates. Hand painted borders and scalloped edges add a bit of an old world feel to this stoneware set. (Williams-Sonoma; $26-$39)
7) Crisp and Clean: Sleek lines and minimal approach to food presentation will bring out the modern style in you. A square version is also available. (Macy’s; $15-$30)
8) Ruffled Feathers: The crimped borders have an alluring feature to this pedestal cake stand. Stack or stand alone for a striking scene. (Feather Your Nest; $35-$55)
Which one takes the cake? I personally want them all.
Read Full Post »