This week’s collection is a second glance at short dresses. If you missed the first posting, here it is. Even as the economy is slowing turning around, brides are still opting for smaller and simpler weddings. Going to the courthouse for a Justice of Peace ceremony and simple restaurant reception is showing you’re financially aware of your situation, but still want to share your love with a close knit of family and friends. Here are eight options that will put the spotlight on you, no matter where you say your “I do”.
1) Flower of Youth: Innumerable cotton flowers dance tightly around the skirt of the dress and create a scalloped hem. The strapless sweetheart neckline and bodice is wrapped in lace. (Watters; $950)
2) Chic Attack: Silky smooth Mikado silk makes this little number a classy choice. Scoop neckline softens the somewhat stiff structure of the dress. A wide waist band sits pretty around the natural waistline. (Jenny Yoo; $500-1000)
3) A Rose By Any Other: This graceful scoop neckline and pleated skirt draws in the waistline and flatters any figure. An accent rosette sits atop of the right shoulder. (Kirribilla; $385)
4) Ballerina Belle: Halter straps and sweetheart neckline adds adulate the torso. A full and flouncy organza skirt waver with the wind. The seam pockets keep your something borrowed hidden away. (Vineyard Collection; $1000-1500)
5) Slim Jim: A sheath silhouette is slimming and feminine. The fabric has room for stretch, thus hugging the body very tightly. The neckline of the dresses features a scalloped edge. (Kirribilla; $75)
6) Double Band: This glamorous dress hits just above the knee. The silk falls naturally from the waist. (Paula Varsalona; $1500-3000)
7) Chip Off Your Shoulder: This refined gown has off the shoulder straps that call attention to the shoulders. This pleated bell shaped skirt swells from the empire waistline. (Jenny Yoo; $500-1000)
8) Ruffle Effect: Liberated ruffles drip down the dress, giving it a flowy and whimsical feel. Tank style neckline and bodice is sealed with a tie wrap. (Calvin Klein; $178)
Short dresses may still be a way to go, but for some, it is not even an option. Have these options (or prices!) changed your mind?