A family run mill outside of Calcutta India produces luxurious silks. Free trade fabrics, hand-stitched designs and chic dresses are found in a little boutique on NW 23rd. The huge picture windows tease the eye with bold colors and raw, textured silk. Across the street is the bridal atelier. The owner of Lena Medoyeff and Lena Medoyeff Bridal, Lynn Medoff was in the Peace Corp in Guatemala and learned how to sew. This was the humble start of Lena Medoyeff. Her silks come from the free trade silk mill in Calcutta and every bit of their effort is recognized. Did you know it takes four people two weeks to make 12 yards? She was also a Duck (University of Oregon)! How could I not love her ingeniously ideal designs that look striking all body types?
Diamond in the Rough: This absolutely stunning silk masterpiece accentuates the body with its smooth lines and structureless composition. A sweetheart neckline was added by the bride’s seamstress to add more to a small bust line.
1) Silky Soul: This floor length silk dupioni gown has a nubby texture which is gives it refined roughness. Silk halter straps wrap around the neck and are tied into a knot, while the remaining straps cascade down the back. The bride raised the hem to make it a tea length dress.
2) See description (#3) below for this lovely dress
1) Pull the Reins: The waist line is empire and creates an illusion of length. Triangle straps tie neatly in a bow at the nap of neck. The hem stops at the floor and can be altered for any shorter length.
2) Short and Chic: This strapless silk column dress is a basic silhouette. The hem hits below the mid-calf and the bodice is made to fit. It comes in several sizes and can be altered to fit your body like a glove. Colorful silk sashes are also sold in the shop to wrap the waist in a colorful hug.
3) Social Butterfly: The silk under layer lays the foundation for this lovely fluttery frock. The top layer is layered with silk organza that catches with he slightest breeze. The bias cut gown is paired with a cream colored sash
The classic designs and natural fabrics are appealing and stately. The detail of the bead work and hand painted fabrics you are masterpeices all on their own. This is a dress shop for the bride with discriminating taste.