It has been too long since my last WWW post, but let’s not dwell in the past. :) This week’s collection is all about daring silhouettes, non-traditional colors and unusual hemlines. Today’s designers are taking their clients on a run for their money. Take a look at these daring dresses that might hang on the rack until it’s perfect match come along.
1) Black, the New White: A black tissue organza dress is featured in Vera Wang’s new bridal collection. The dress is simply stunning with a dramatic satin bow at the natural waist. But is black too dramatic? (Vera Wang; $ unknown)
2) Super Short: Short dresses have been on the market and have been becoming increasing popular. You can see a few other short dress options in another post I wrote a while back. However, this featured dress by Claire Pettibone is the ultimate wedding mini. (Claire Pettibone; $2500)
3) Form vs. Function: This pleated tulle puff hides all the sins from last night’s greasy food fest. Should there be a cap on volume when it comes to wedding dresses? (Peter Langer; $3000)
4) Peppy Peplums: Several designers decided that peplums were going to be the best big thing. Hence, this abbreviated ruffle was found quite often on the runway. This gown is made of silk shantung and (Melissa Sweet; ~$3000)
5) Cut it Out: This shimmery number features, you guess it, a cut out. This may be too sexy for the aisle for some, but how about for the reception? Something pretty to shimmy in with your new husband. This gem-studded silk halter gown is a statement on all its own. (Jenny Packham; ~$2000)
6) Color me Pretty: Color on the runway is seen left and right. Colorful sashes that incorporate the wedding colors or embroidery details accentutate the dress. This strapless dresses features dark red flowers that are slipped in between the pickups of this ballgown. (Casablanca Bridal; ~$600)
Is this week’s collection reflect the ever-changing fashion and fleeting styles that would be a constant reminder of your bad decision? Or is this something you are considering?