I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream cake. It comes in all shapes, sizes, flavors and colors. No matter how you dice it, slice it or flavor it…I love it. Last month, I wrote about displaying your delicious treats on cake stands and pedestals, but don’t want to spend the money? Use these creative ideas to make your own. Just don’t glue your fingers together, it is harder to eat the cake that way.
1) Jack Be Nimble: Using commonly found items like candlesticks and plates can be a quick and easy way to create a stunning display. Dig around grandma’s cupboard or rifle through your local second hand shop for affordable deals.
2) Dessert Dish: To coordinate with your current dishware (a la Martha Stewart), use the cereal bowl and dinner plate to create a matching cake stand. A little ribbon goes a long way. Don’t forget it!
3) Cake Plant: Here is a creative idea! Using terra cotta pots and saucers in a non-conventional way takes the cake. Customize the cake stand to your theme or color palette by painting the pots.
4) Crystal Clear: Ikea never fails me. Using the cheap glass plates and a drinking glass will produce a lovely cake pedestal.
5) Paper or Plastic: This project requires more patience and craftiness, but is still quite easy to complete. Add more appeal to the stand by using detailed and textured ribbon.
Which one would you make? I will try the 2nd option, so it will match my current dishware. Nerdy. I know.