Summer time is upon us. Well, at least it is in the Pacific Northwest. To me, it means bright blue skies and BBQ get together galore. This week’s collection feature dresses that contain elements of summer (breezy fabrics and simple details). In addition, these dresses are also budget friendly. This will allow you to splurge on more important aspects, like more ice cold beverages.
1) Getaway Gown: A modern silhouette with subtle detail makes this a-line skirt and sweep train a good choice for a summer nuptial. The bodice has some shirring drawing the eye to the feminine halter neckline. The ribbon adds color and a textural contrast to the waistline. (Dessy Destination; ~$440)
2) Pleats to Meet You: This pleated Jersey matte gown features a plunging neckline and wide shoulder straps. Delicate sequins are dotted along the shoulders and the pleated skirt drapes the body in the most flattering manner. (Calvin Klein; $178)
3) Destination Diva: The lightweight silk organza wisps along your feet with every step you take. Alencon lace lines the bodice with gently shirring around the waistline. The empire waist and trumpet skirt creates the perfect hourglass shape while the skinny spaghetti straps effortlessly hold the dress in place. (Watters; ~$1500)
4) Fabric of Our Lives: The compact weave of cotton cady creates a structured dress without having any droopy draping. It features a fitted bodice and hidden corset for extra support. Me likey. Covered buttons run down the back of the dress adding a classic wedding touch to a modern silhouette. Standard J Crew pockets can be found in the seam on this gorgeous gown. (J Crew; $850)
5) White On: Whisper-light crinkle chiffon adds texture and dimension to the basic chiffon. The silk charmeuse underlayer and silk waistband adds some weight to this dress. Don’t worry, it won’t weight you down on the dance floor. Try a sash for a splash of color. (Alix & Kelly; $995)
6) Birds of a Feather: Layers of wispy English cotton tulle lay on top of feather light Georgette cotton. Georgette has a crinkly crepe-like texture that gives the dress texture and dimension. The combined fabrics gives the dress bounce and makes the dress appear to move on its own. The bodice features tiny cotton flowers and sparse jewel detailing. (Cotton Bride; ~$1800)