This week’s theme is all about lace. There are many different types of lace and each one creates a unique look and feel. Whether draped in the luxurious lace from head to toe, or through intricate detail and overlays, lace creates anything from sophisticated sheaths to structured mermaids. For a bride who wants to meld conservative with modern, lace may be the answer. If you weren’t a lace person before, consider these lovely options and you may have second thoughts.
1) Sleek and Minimalist: The satin halter a-line skirt is uncomplicated and simple. Yet, the lightly beaded lace bodice adds a punch to the overall look. (Mikaella;>$1,500)
2) Pretty Little Package: Intricate hand-cut lace covers the entire a-line gown. The soft satin ribbon ties this dress ever so sweetly. (Bellissima Bridal)
3) Dream Angels: This angelic head-to-toe lace is ethereal and elegant. The re-embroidered lace overlay softly floats on the silk and wisps down the trumpet silhouette. (Monique Lhullier; $3000+)
4) Beach Bound: Panache and ease are the defining duet of destination wedding dresses. This is no exception. The thin spaghetti straps and velveteen ribbon add a bit of flair to this cotton leaver lace gown. The unstructured skirt is perfect for carrying on the plane. Just don’t forget the sunscreen. (Wtoo; >$1000)
5) Modern Sophisticate: Delicate flower appliqués adorn this silk modern lace gown. The décolletage is detailed is a way that makes it both subtle and sexy. (Angel Sanchez; $unknown)
6) Haute Hourglass: The gorgeous cutwork lace is contoured to fit the curves of the body in the most feminine way. The traditional and formal semi-cathedral train contrasts flawlessly with the lacy modern silhouette. (Emerald Bridal; >$1,500)