If I could, I would get married again. Not for the planning (well, partly for the planning), but for the dresses. This week’s collection focuses on unique fabrics and designs. Designers have expanded on the typical silk and satin standards and truly created pieces of art. The dresses use fabrics that have an unusual pattern or used a non-traditional concept. I have fallen hard for the little details and it was hard time to choose just a few. Please let me know what you think!
1) Organic Flour: A beaded bustier with vintage lace detailing is just the beginning on a long list of gorgeous details. The natural waist is a perfect choice for the organic linen skirt. Frothy pickups and embellishments such as flowers and semiprecious stones are the frosting on the cake in this eco-friendly dress. (Deborah Lindquist)
2) Frocky Fleur: Just like a sweet summer rose, this dress is made of delicate confection. The intricate cut lace creates a subtle flower pattern all over this fitted trumpet silhouette. A chic sweetheart neckline finishes this blossoming bodice. (Lela Rose)
3) The Ripple Effect: Find the frill seeker in you. The alternating tiers of lace and netting is a sure heart stopper. A ruched sweetheart neckline and an empire gown will elongate and create all curves with no stops. Hold on for a thrilling ride. (Reverie by Melissa Sweet)
4) The Cascades: A silk and beaded bodice and pleated organza hugs the body in this sheath silhouette. A cascade of pleated flowers trail down the dress and the sweep train shadows behind. (St Pucchi)
5) Diamond in the Rough: The luxurious eyelet satin silk cradles the body like a fitted glove, but it does not resticted movement. The diamond shape Swarovski crystal design on the natural waistline leads the dress in style, while the chapel train follows your every step. (Michelle Roth).
6) Confetti: This strapless, A-line has little delicate embroidered circles cover the entire dress, thus creating a big impact on the overall look. A tulle overlay floats on top of the gorgeous Irish linen (J Crew).