I decide to start a tradition on Wednesdays, then I leave for a week. Well, things are back to normal (somewhat). This week’s theme for Wedding Dress Wednesday is short dresses. Before, very select designers would create one short dress as a last minute frivolous add-on to the new collection. Now, designers are taking notice on the rising popularity of short dresses and have created a variety of options. Feast your eyes on these delicate little frocks.
1) Gorgeously Green: The V-neck is highlighted with folded layers to create a bit of drama. The dress is made with Bamboo, so you can look chic while utilizing a renewable resource. BCBG ($198)
2) Bubble-licious: Ivory floral ruffle mesh net ballerina dress. Sleeveless V-neckline, wide satin ribbon tie at waist, enhanced with bubble hem Tara Keely (~$2400).
3) Sugary Sweet: The tiers on the hem add some depth to this sweetheart neckline with spaghetti straps. Siri ($1500 or less)
4) Tulle Time: Appliquéd flowers are delicately sprinkled over this tulle dress. The cinching at the waist makes your waist even smaller with a satin sash that ties it all together. Lily ($118)
5) Sheer and Sweet: Dainty buttons line the center of the bodice and fabric is wrapped kimono style. While layers of sheer organza naturally puff out at your natural waist and allow you to eat anything you want on your big day. Betsey Johnson ($340)
6) Busty Beading: The satin tank features subtle beading on the straps on both the front and the back of the bodice The A-line skirt will hide problem areas and fits most body types. Priscilla of Boston (Under $2000)
7) Hollywood Hepburn: The Silk Mikado creates the perfect structure for this ballerina silhouette. French Alençon lace details the strapless neckline and has more drama than a Hollywood flick. Amy Kuschel ($1600-2400)
8) Flower Power: Loose cap sleeves gracefully drape your shoulder and the v-neckline accentuates the feminine curvature of your neck. The dress is made of silk faille. Silk faille is a strongly defined fabric that is heavy in weight and creates a shallow, refined drape. Oscar de la Renta (Down payment to a house)
9) Frilly Fun: Create curves with this scalloped lace, multi-tiered dress. The layers will fool the eye with the illusion of soft contours and will draw the eye to the waist with the satin ribbon at the waistline. Nicole Miller ($575)
10) Not so Square: The square neckline is outlined with ruffles. The fitting structure of the dress is ruffles are carried out to the hem, as the hem is Carmela Sutera ($459)